Proven and Certified Reliable Performance
Our Special Expanded Polystyrene Dome House meets strict criteria under all conditions, including earthquakes, wind and snow accumulation.
The fourth-generation building material after wood, iron and concrete, it is certified by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, and its high performance has been demonstrated in experiments by various research institutes.
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Certified
Up until recently in Japan, no other materials besides wood, iron and concrete have been recognized as building materials. For expanded polystyrene to be approved, it had to pass strict requirements for withstanding various conditions of use like regular building materials. Thanks to our own R&D over many years, we were able to obtain certification from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism for our dome-shaped building constructed of expanded polystyrene. Our mission is to build a new architectural culture in Japan with a new shape of building using a new material.
Our Dome House is patented not only in Japan but also in more than 20 other countries around the world, including the United States and Russia!
Dome House History
||Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism certification for Model 7000 Dome House
||Japan Greenhouse Horticulture Association determined arch domes for horticultural facilities to be structurally safe, meeting “Safe Structure Standards for Horticultural Facilities.”
||Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism certification for Model 7700 Dome House
||Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism certification for Model 7700 Arch Nos. 1, 2 and 3
||Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism determined that building certification applications were not required for agricultural domes, putting them in the same category as plastic greenhouses on agricultural land.
Model 7000 Dome House
Model 7700 Dome House
Model 7700 Arch No. 3
Japan Dome House Organizations of Membership
- Member, Japan Greenhouse Horticulture Association
- Member, Japanese Society of Agricultural, Biological and EnvironmentalEngineers and Scientists
- Member, Japan Plant Factory Association
- Member, Japan Plant Factory Association for Growers and Managers
- (1) Thermal insulation performance evaluation and measurement
- (2) Airtightness performance evaluation and measurement
- (3) Sick building syndrome evaluation and measurement
- (4) Wind pressure measurement
- (5) Warm airstream distribution within dome
- (6) Sound insulation performance check
- (7) Measurement of acoustic characteristics of material
- (8) Impact of construction method on sound insulation performance
- (9) Improvement of interior acoustic characteristics
- (10) Material experiment on dome material
- (11) Structural analysis of dome
- (12) Dome verification experiment, etc.
Material compression test
Greatly reducing CO2 emissions, the Dome House is proven to be environmentally friendly.
*These are calculated/estimated values and may differ from actual values.